Sunday, January 10, 2010

Loveland



We found a place, Loveland, to ski that has good beginner lessons, easy slopes, and friendly people. It is just about an hour west, not far from Vail. It’s a place the locals go for the day.

Tad bought 3 lessons for each boy and me. After my first lesson I was so excited, I actually remember a few things about how to ski, and know I’ll be out there with the rest of the family. Now when I brush my teeth I’ll stand leaning forward to build up my leg muscles like instructor recommended.

Loveland has plenty of green and blue runs for every level of beginner. I can see the Eisenhower Tunnel from a couple of runs, and when I get a little better I’ll be ready to ski over the top of it.

On our favorite easy slope Rainbow Road curves through some trees. The snow is packed and each foot independently follows the slight hills on this narrow trail. It isn’t long, just long enough to let us feel we’re getting good.

Vail and Winter Park are close with ambience, luxury hotels, and plenty of ways to spend your money on and off the slopes. Loveland closes at 4:30 so you have to spend your money during the day skiing or snowboarding, eating good hot food, or visiting the small shop.

Justin is the snowboarder of the family. He can leave Grant and me in the dust heading down the mountain leaning on the back edge of his board while Grant and I do the pizza (keeping our toes together and our heels spread out in back to slow us down).

Driving home we guzzle water and talk about what we tried during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment